- The government have said Sports Days can take place with spectators (parents/carers) limited to groups of 30 with SOCIAL DISTANCING. The guidance is clear that these groups must not mix. For us, on this site, that is very hard to control, manage and oversee.
- We are planning to offer YEAR GROUP SPORTS EVENTS on different days in the Week Beginning 12th July. Our intention is to allow Saplings parents/ carers (as it’s their first, and therefore SPECIAL, year), Year 1 parents/carers (they didn’t have sports day last year so still a SPECIAL year as their first one) and Year 6 parents/carers (who are leaving us so this is their last one- again a SPECIAL year) to attend.
- Yr R, 1 and 6 Parents/carers places will be limited to 2 per child – allocated seating in allocated groups will be implemented. Parents/carers must stay in their allocated place. Social distancing is essential. There will be no toilets or refreshment facilities. The events will be between 60-90 minutes long and only one year group at a time.
- Dates and times will be released next week (FOR ALL YEAR GROUPS so parents know about kit etc)
- We do feel it’s important that Saplings, Year One and Year Six parents have this opportunity to share this with their child, in a controlled way. However, we do not have the capacity to manage all year groups at this time. We are not waiting until week beginning 19th July in case things are not eased – in which case all children could miss yet another sports day!
Leave a comment